Where do we go after the shame?
What does it look like to actually atone, shift and move forward?
What does transformational accountability and justice look like?
Tahir Duckett, Executive Director of ReThink, a truly groundbreaking organization dedicated toward working with youth around consent, respect, and healthy masculinity has developed the sharpest frame for realizing transformative accountability. First, it doesn’t always look the same. In the accountability process, every voice should be heard. But at a minimum, it must mean that responsible individuals and institutions:
- Recognize the harm done to survivors;
- Begin to repair the harm done to any survivors;
- Recognize the harm done to the community; and
- Begin to repair the harm done to a community.
Restorative Justice Resources
- For Sexual Assault Survivors, Restorative Justice May Offer An Alternative To A Broken System
- Restorative Justice for Sexual Assaults? Let the Victim Decide
- Ashley Judd on the role that restorative justice can play